Monday, July 14, 2008

Funny Things in the Morgan Household



WHAT'S A FORK HANDLE?

So today at lunch we're talking about ages and birthdays. Isabelle
asked how old her Papa is (my dad) and I said "oh 53 or 54." Jeff
said he thought he was 54 since we had a cake for him earlier in the
year and we were missing a "fork handle" to put on his birthday cake.

Marla: what??...a fork handle--what's that??
Jeff: a fork handle
Marla: you said, a fork handle????
Jeff: yeah, I did
Marla: really--I guess I just don't know what a fork handle is...(I'm wondering to myself if this is a term used for the #4 that I am completely unaware of--maybe the number four turned upside down resembles a fork handle?????)
Jeff: (now looking at me as if I am a complete and total moron and rolling his eyes in his head and speaking slowly and at the same time holding out 4 fingers on his hand): Y----E----S, a...----F-O-U-R C-A-N-D-L-E!!!


Really, try it for yourself. Say it out loud or have someone else say it: fork handle or four candle--you hear the same thing!!

PLAYING DRESS UP
The other day Isabelle was helping me organize my bedroom closet. Some of my negligees had slipped off their hangers and were on the floor. Isabelle said, "Mama, these are beautiful--I love them--I've never seen you wear them though--what do you do with them?" I wasn't quite sure what to say so I said, "ummm, well, your Daddy and I like to, ummm, play dress up after you and Melina go to sleep at night." Well, she thought that was great and seemed quite satisfied with my answer.

A day or so later we are in the closet again finishing up and she asked if Daddy and I would be able to play dress up that night. And later the next day, Jeff asked what I was telling Isabelle since she had asked him earlier "are you going to play dress up with Mama later tonight?"

1 comment: