Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sweet Sisters!!!



Melina isn't the world's best sleeper. While some may disapprove and shake their heads, we have done what is best for our family, and Melina has slept with me since she was 5 weeks old. This worked out well, as it let me get my much needed sleep and made for a much happier Mama! The co-sleeping proves to be quite difficult, however, when I need to NOT be in bed (like getting up early in the morning to exercise or do my transcription work late at night, etc.). We tried putting Melina to sleep in Isabelle's bed a few weeks ago and it just didn't work out. I couldn't get her to sleep and I just gave up. Tonight I decided to try again (I've been procrastinating because I'm really lazy and didn't want to deal with the initial onset of rough nights associated with night weaning). She fell asleep easily at 7:30 p.m. and has stayed asleep since then (it is now 10:10 p.m.). Isabelle was so excited to go to sleep tonight and sleep with her sister! I checked on them awhile ago and got these pictures. And Melina has rolled at least 3 times since she started out on the other side of the bed. Yay!!! Is it really that easy? I am so excited about this I can't sleep! We'll see what the night brings...Of course, we can't forget good ol' Rodney--he always goes to bed with Isabelle and sleeps on her bed and he was right there with us when I tucked Isabelle into bed. Good boy, Rod!

1 comment: