Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Birthday and more!

Today, the first day of summer, we celebrated my 33rd birthday. It was a wonderful day. I got to sleep in, eat some yummy French toast and then later some delicious lumpia made by my friend Vivian, and later, a very tasty dinner with Jeff (just Jeff, no girls--they stayed with Morgann, our babysitter). It was one of the best dinners we've had eaten out in a very long time.

We then came home and my parents and Mackenzie came over for some birthday cheesecake. My Grandma Slay (Dad's mom) used to make me a cake of my choice every year for my birthday, and I always chose cheesecake. I have her recipe and try to make it for my birthday every year now that she is gone. Thanks, Grandma!!


And to make my birthday even more special, Melina decided to really start walking. While she's been taking steps for a couple of weeks now (2-3 steps at a time between 2 objects), she now decided to just walk with no need to grab on to anything. She is walking!! We now have an almost 11-month-old toddler! (Here is a quick video of Melina walking. It's not the best quality as I'm all over the place trying to keep up with her, but it shows you nonetheless that she is walking).

And, earlier that morning, while Jeff watched the girls while I slept in, Melina pushed a toy to the coffee table, climbed the toy, and then proceeded to try to climb onto the coffee table. Do you think we have a climber on our hands?...


1 comment:

  1. This is a comment to all of the posts:
    Happy Birthday, Marla! Albeit a bit late, been a very busy summer! Tell Isabelle her glasses are beautiful! Now she is like Grandma and me, but her glasses are so much cuter than mine! And I can't believe Melina is walking!! Oh my gosh! They grow so fast! I am so looking forward to seeing you all! Let me know what kind of birthday cake the girls like!
    Love, Aunt Kitty

    ReplyDelete