Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Tender Heart of a 2-Year-Old

I awoke this morning to the sound of Jeff helping Melina in the bathroom. She was quite chatty as she can usually be this early in the morning. Jeff asked about an owie she had on some part of her body. She told him about it and then said "yes, Daddy, just like Rodney--he had too many owies so he is now with Jesus."

Oh, how that touched my heart. Nearly 4 months later, our 2-year-old still brings up the precious memory of our beloved dog. May you keep that with you always, sweet baby girl!

Thank you, dear Lord, for this wonderful moment today!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...that is SO SWEET! I just love how children remember things like that! Thanks for commenting on my nursery post! I was going to email you back but I don't think you have that set up...so here's what I was going to email you!

    Marla,

    You seriously don't know how happy your comment made me! Seriously!!! SO SWEET! :-) Thank you so much for your compliments, I LOVE reading Kelly's blog and wow what a compliment to say that I remind you of her!!! :-)

    Mallorie

    ReplyDelete