Friday, September 26, 2008

Finger Knitting

I first read about finger knitting from this book, now one of my favorites, and introduced it to Isabelle about 2-3 months ago. She didn't seem that interested at the time and never asked about it again until about a week ago. I showed her how to do it once more, and even still she seemed a little bored. However, at the beginning of this week, she picked up the yarn on her own accord and started knitting away. She started by finger knitting with one finger and has finger-knitted an entire basket worth of yarn in a few days. I reintroduced her to finger knitting with the entire hand, shown here:

She is very excited at the prospect that her next step will be working with actual knitting needles. Obviously, I'll be looking for a kind friend who knows how to knit!

Just throwing in this cute picture of Melina from this afternoon:

No comments:

Post a Comment