Friday, September 12, 2008

I love our backyard! Thank you, Jeff!!

I'm sure I moaned and groaned about the remodeling that went on at our house last summer (of course in my defense we did have a newborn baby), but this morning, I realized how grateful and blessed we are to have this large cement pad for the girls to play on with their toys, sandbox, playhouse (thanks, Uncle Mike), and swing set. Both girls love to be outside, and now that beautiful fall weather is upon us, they will be outside more and more.

I thank you God for these simple things in life!

Isabelle has a cold, so we took off the morning from homeschooling. Now I had to take a moment and calm my anal OCD self down (no, we didn't have to complete today's lesson--that's what homeschooling is all about after all), and we played outside, fertilized the roses in the front yard, and created a play house out of an extremely big box we had sitting in the garage (forgot to get pictures of that though). It was a great morning!



1 comment:

  1. So cute...Yes, we too are enjoying the milder weather...being cooped up in the house for too many hours drives us all crazy. I can't wait until our patio is done (and the cover esp. since that's on the west side of the house.

    ReplyDelete