Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lovin' The Easy Bake Oven

Lovin'????????...

not really, but if I truthfully say that I don't enjoy the Easy Bake Oven, then I probably won't win any mom of the year awards..., right??

Anyway, Isabelle DOES love it, and that's what matters..., right??

Here is what our afternoon entailed during Melina's nap, and she graced us by sleeping an hour and 15 minutes, which enabled us to get it all done.

One packet makes 3 small cookies, baked at 3 separate times. (Note to Mom: Not all 3 at once like I thought--3 separate bake times!)

The finished product:
Mmmm, do the finished cookies look anything like the package??

Another note to Mom: the directions say to bake each cookie for 8 minutes. The burnt cookie seen above is the result of 8 minutes. Try 6 minutes when you do this with Mackenzie, and as a thought for all Easy-Bake-Oven Adventures, use the directed time as an estimate only.

I had always wanted an Easy Bake Oven. My mom was just contemplating this past weekend why she never bought me one when I was a child. They aren't the funnest thing for the parent, so we now know why!! Oh well, I guess I get to live vicariously through my child. Thanks, Mom--gotta love ya!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just wanted to drop in and thank you for delurking over at my blog, I'm glad you did :)

    I'm adding you to my Google Reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very amusing! Mere keeps asking for one everytime she sees the commercials, and I keep thinking that's its going to be alot of work. You're a better mom than me!!

    ReplyDelete