Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Parenting Tip of the Day!

Yesterday Melina found a piece of modeling clay Isabelle had hidden on her craft table while we were doing school. Well at first she was fine, just walking around with it and calling it a ball (one of her favorites besides shoes!). Next thing I know, she is pointing to her nose and saying "bow" (her word for owie). I quickly put two and two together and asked if she put the clay up her nose. She nodded her head yes and continued to say bow. I tried to get her to blow it out of her nose (she does know how). She weakly blowed out her nose a couple of times but then went back to saying bow over and over. I looked it up on the Internet and most websites said something up the nose requires a doctor's visit. Then, I happened to see a message board that talked about using turkey basters to get lodged objects out of noses. I ran and got the turkey baster, called Melina over, plugged one nostril and inserted the turkey baster into the other where the clay was. Did this twice and nothing each time. Just when I was about to give up, the piece of clay fell out of her nose. Whew, problem solved! Thank goodness, and thank goodness for the Internet..., and turkey basters!!

1 comment: